Alaska by Sea with 5 Epic Voyages
Considering a vacation to Alaska? Perhaps you yearn for an experience that is remarkable in every way. When you journey with Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic, rare access into the wilds of Southeast Alaska and British Columbia heighten your sense of wonder. Here are five uniquely curated voyages with Lindblad Expeditions that will provide insight and experiences into the “Last Frontier.”
- Alaska’s Coastal Wilderness Voyage – Carved by glaciers, the Inside Passage sets the scene for the Alaska expedition of your imagination. On a classic coastal wilderness voyage, you’ll step aboard the 62-guest National Geographic Sea Bird, National Geographic Sea Lion, 100-guest National Geographic Quest or National Geographic Venture — each nimbly taking you into secluded bays, straits and coves. Specially secured permits into Tongass National Forest unlock remote areas, while other days reveal wildlife-packed fjords and many awe-struck hours watching luminously blue tidewater glaciers.
- Wild Alaska Escape Voyage – Should the call of the north awaken your inner explorer, let me pair your Inside Passage expedition with even more active adventures on land. Explore the wilder side of Alaska aboard National Geographic Sea Bird: Go rafting along the Chilkat River under the shadows of mountain peaks, spend leisurely days kayaking to the sounds of calling birds and coast on two wheels as you cycle along a glacial fjord.
- Epic Alaska: Misty Fjords to the Lynn Canal – Dedicate an incredible 11 days to traversing the Inside Passage from top to bottom, with your camera as your constant companion. You’ll capture nature in motion under the guidance of National Geographic-certified photo instructors — from the unfiltered beauty of mammoth glaciers in Glacier Bay National Park to Steller sea lions lazing about the Inian Islands.
- Treasures of the Inside Passage: Alaska & British Columbia – Merge the beauty of the Inside Passage with the natural wonders of British Columbia. On a 14-day journey, you’ll hit all the high points from spotting orcas majestically breaching around the San Juan and Gulf islands to kayaking the mirror-like waters of Misty Fjords.
- A Remarkable Journey to Alaska, British Columbia & Haida Gwaii – A 15-day voyage of Alaska and Canada encompasses yet another grand adventure: For two decades, National Geographic Sea Bird and National Geographic Sea Lion have been the only U.S. vessels permitted to visit Haida lands. Navigate ancient villages and view centuries-old, intricately carved cedar poles made by the Haida people. In the ancestral town of Old Massett, take up the invitation to join in a traditional dance performance and feast with community members and local artisans.
Voyages with Lindblad Expeditions-National Geographic connect you with expert leaders who possess deep knowledge of the area, as well as National Geographic-certified photographers, naturalists and undersea specialists, to create a 360-degree experience.
I would love to help you plan this journey to the Last Frontier! Message me or visit my website at www.RLXTravelGroup.com to view the Lindblad Expedition cruises and travel section. You’ll find lots great information about expedition cruising with Lindblad Expeditions.